Manor College Library and Learning Center functions as a flexible learning space that promotes intellectual curiosity, encourages collaborative learning and fosters individual discovery. A place of contemporary student engagement, the Library offers quality resources and a dedicated staff to ensure academic success.
Services for Students
- FREE BOOKS!: The library contains over 20,000 books for your academic and leisure use. Students can check out up to 10 books at a time for 30 days. Simply grab a book, bring it to the reference desk, and the librarian will handle the rest!
- Academic Reserves: Many required texts for the core classes are on reserve. Often your professor will place certain titles on reserve as well; they will alert you if this is the case. These are located behind the circulation desk and will be retrieved by a member of the library staff. Reserve materials can only be used in the library. You may also make copies of chapters to take with you.
- Library Reference: A professional Librarian is available to students at all times during regular library hours. Librarians are experts in teaching you to locate the information you need to complete your research assignments, cite all of your sources properly, as well as assist with computer software. For tutoring and help with academic skills, please contact the Manor College Learning Center. For assistance with log-in information and software purchases, please contact the Manor College IT/Help Desk.
- Study Zones and Community Space: The Library is split into different zones to accommodate the different noise-levels required by students ranging from quiet study spaces to shared spaces where quiet discussion is allowed. The Library also has a chess set, checkers board and deck of cards for you to use in your down time. Additional space is available on the Library mezzanine.
- Student Study Room: A study room equipped with 2 tables is available for group study and tutoring. The room has all the anatomy study models used in the Science and Vet Tech programs.
Services for Faculty
- Information Literacy Class Sessions: The Director of Library Services is available to teach information literacy sessions for all Manor College classes. Please use the form below to request a session. Contact Donna at email@example.com if you would like more information about our class sessions.
- Material Requests: Books, Databases, DVD's and other materials can be requested for purchase by the library. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request materials.
- New Materials: The Library is here to support the curriculum of all Manor College courses by purchasing relevant materials. Stop by the library to find out what is new in your subject area.
- Targeted Research Guides: Tired of students citing Wikipedia? The Library can create a guide for your course that is available to students 24/7, putting at their fingertips the best online and library resources. For an example, see the following: PL100: Philosophy & the Human Condition